This The UN: Working for Us All unit also includes:
The United Nation's role in world diplomacy is critical, but its enforcement is limited. Using activities such as role plays and simulations, classmates consider the role the UN plays in world peace keeping. The unit plan includes five lessons for teachers to integrate into other instruction or use together.
- Use simulation activities for learners to explore the role of UN bodies such as the Security Council
- Examine the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and discuss whether citizens of the United States have those rights
- Resource was created for schools in the United Kingdom but is easy to adapt to American classes
- Activities are pupil-led, allowing for inquiry and critical thinking development
- Mix of lesson ideas engages a variety of learners
- Not all resource links work