This The Truth About Voting lesson plan also includes:
True or False: Only Presidential elections matter. Academics delve into common voting myths to understand what is true and why the election process is critical to democracy. The lesson uses group discussion, activities, and handouts to educate scholars on the voting process, registration, and statistics. Young historians also draft their opinions on common voting myths and share them with the group.
- Have pupils share myths they have heard or believe regarding voting
- Allow groups to create posters dispelling voter myths
- The resource provides adaptions for remote learning situations
- The lesson includes important vocabulary terms
- Provides additional activities if time allows