This The Traveler and His Dog audio also includes:
Why do loiterers blame delay on their active friends? Consider the very question by reading Aesop's 72-word fable "The Traveler and His Dog" and completing a letter-writing activity. As part of a series of audiobooks, the 41-second recording differentiates the passage for all readers and is engaging for everyone.
- Extend the activity by having writers draft a letter to an adult in their lives informing them of their academic progress in class
- Before reading the passage, ask pupils if they've ever been in a situation where they were unfairly blamed and discuss
- Be sure recording is audible to all students
- Downloadable audio and PDF of the fable scoring a 4.1 on a Flesch-Kincaid readability scale is available for classrooms without Internet access
- Online format makes for a great opportunity to include blended learning within the curriculum