Was Svetozar Borojevic thick-headed ... or a military genius? While he was the most prominent Slav in the Austrian-Hungarian army, why is he not remembered for his role in the Great War? Young historians consider these questions after viewing a video biography of a contradictory figure in World War I history.
- After viewing Borojevic's biography, ask your class to debate who gets remembered for military service and why
- Part of Who Did What in World War I? video biography series
- Graphic photos of dead soldiers may make this video inappropriate for some
- Intriguing photographs keep viewers engaged
- Narrator connects a lesser-known figure from World War I to larger themes
- Video is highly detailed and may lose pupils who do not have a detailed knowledge of World War I