This The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse audio also includes:
When does simplicity trump glamor? Readers compare and contrast a country mouse and a town mouse after reading a 312-word fable by Aesop. The graphic organizer differentiates instruction for all readers, scaffolding them to carefully examine the text for evidence.
- Treat the graphic organizer from the activity as pre-writing and assign a compare/contrast paragraph
- Compare the characters from the fable with characters from another fable to practice synthesizing texts
- Have earbuds for individuals if they use the 1:56 audio recording
- Online format works nicely to facilitate blended learning
- Part of a larger series of fables, the PDF of the text with a 5.1 readability score is obtainable for classrooms without Internet access
- Does not provide an answer key for the activity