This The Tempest 1: Bigger Than Me video also includes:
William Shakespeare's work speaks to everyone, regardless of race, gender, or social class. A short video discusses key aspects of the Bard and his craft, including his use of iambic pentameter. Activities accompany the video to help check for understanding.
- Have learners make connections between the characters in the play and people they know
- Read an alternate version of Shakespeare's plays, such as a graphic novel version, and discuss how that helps make the text more accessible
- Activities are embedded on the site and as part of a PDF download
- Part of a longer series on the early life of Shakespeare
- Voice in the video speaks slowly, helping English learners follow the discussion
- Includes discussion questions to extend the conversation related to the video