Amaze your class with the fact that more than 1,000 confirmed planets exist. The video explains the formation and development of planets, especially the earth. It covers the solar nebula, birth of the sun, and the development of the solar system over 4.567 billion years.
- Research the current estimated number of habitable planets
- Discuss what makes Earth unique
- Relies on prior knowledge of the big bang theory, how stars form, and elements on the periodic table
- The third video in a 16-part Crash Course-Big History series
- Includes subtitles in 11 languages for ease of note taking
- Connects history, chemistry, astronomy, physics, and earth science
- Highlights vocabulary and important topics throughout