Our future literally depends on the sun. The video introduces the sun as a star. It explains the plasma magnetic fields, sunspots, solar flares, coronal mass ejections, and more. It concludes with how we rely on the sun, how we protect ourselves from the sun, and how the sun might one day destroy society as we know it.
- Research solar flares and coronal mass ejections more in depth
- Encourage scholars to write a story about their lives after a massive solar storm knocks out all power to the planet including satellites
- If possible, avoid displaying the comments when showing the video
- Offers closed captioning in Arabic, English, Portuguese, and Spanish
- Includes a long list of resources for those wishing to learn more