This The Spanish Golden Age: Crash Course Theater #19 video also includes:
Heads up! In the Golden Age, women threw cucumbers at other audience members. This detail is just one of many fun facts a video about Spanish theater during the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries covers. Other information the resource uncovers includes names of key playwrights and summaries of well-known plays during the time period.
- Compare theater during the Spanish Renaissance to theater during the same time in the Italian Renaissance
- Video is part of a larger series that covers the history of theater from early times to the modern age
- Pause the video frequently to permit viewers to ask questions and clarify understanding
- Makes reference to TV shows of popular culture, such as The Bachelor
- Combines a discussion of history with content of popular plays
- Narrator talks really fast, making the information difficult to follow