This The Silent Era video also includes:
Young filmmakers watch a short overview of the major studios, players, and political events of the period between 1894 and 1929. In addition, the video narrator briefly outlines the Hollywood scandals that lead to the development of the Hayes Code.
- Ask individuals to research in greater depth a topic, actor, or event mentioned in the video
- The rapid-fire narration may overwhelm some viewers; pause the video frequently to permit viewers to ask questions and clarify understanding
- The 16 videos in the Crash Course "Film History Part I" playlist are designed to be used in and often refer to concepts discussed in previous episodes
- Includes quic narration and asides
- The episode focuses on events in the era rather than on any film technology
- Ends with a recap of topics discussed in the episode