War, anarchy, destruction ... William Butler Yeats's poem "The Second Coming" has a little something for everyone! With episode four from season one of the "There's a Poem for That" playlist, scholars watch an animated version of the poem. Graphics and abstract shapes add to the feeling of chaos as the narrator recites the poem.
- Invite individuals to write a similar poem detailing a catastrophe
- Have small groups write a research report about William Butler Yeats
- Requires speakers and projection
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes a link to a video analysis
- The poem comes to life with captivating narration