This The Search For King Richard III - The Archaeological Dig video also includes:
The discovery of the remains of King Richard III in early 2013 sparked media attention all over the world. Take a walk through the archaeological site itself and learn about the process behind the excavation, from how the dig site was originally determined to drawing conclusions by piece-by-piece analysis of evidence. Try pausing the video throughout and asking your learners how the archaeologists are making choices to proceed with their excavation based on the evidence encounter.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Detailed description of process of determining and executing archaeological dig
- Illustrates important elements of medieval European culture
- Opportunity to flip online lesson and design your own assessment/additional resources
- Very slow-paced video. It may be difficult to keep learners engaged