Rainbows bring happy thoughts, especially after a rainstorm. Lead your class in a physics exploration through the composition of rainbows and the science behind their construction as well as their geographical placement in nature.
3 Views 3 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Present additional videos of rainbows forming after a storm and discuss
- Have the class draw images of rainbows, but ensure these images are similar to actual rainbows found in nature
- Ensure all learners have the ability to tell one color from another during the lesson; assist anyone who may be color impaired with the activities
- Provides a clear explanation of a complex scientific concept, allowing learners to understand something they witness multiple times throughout life
- Short video segment allows integrated activities or expansion with other experiments