This The Science and Art of Cheese video also includes:
The United States produces more than a billion pounds of cheese every month. The video, part of the PBS food science series, explains the science of making cheese. It introduces cheese makers and their processes. In addition, it discusses chemists using MRI and other new technology to better understand cheese.
- Present a variety of cheeses for students to try; be aware of any possible allergies
- If time allows, make cheese in class (mozzarella is the simplest)
- You can download the video or view it online
- Teacher guide provides discussion questions
- Links to additional related videos