This The Rumpelstiltskin Story lesson plan also includes:
Why didn't Rapunzel's hair stop growing? Why did it take the fairy godmother so long to intervene in Cinderella's affairs? Young writers consider unanswered questions like these and compose news articles investigating the true story behind classic fairy tales.
- Be sure to provide students with specific expectations for their writing, such as length, author's tone, and use of evidence, either with an initial list of guidelines or rubric
- Some parts of the lesson call for use of a book titled The Rumpelstiltskin Problem, by Vivian Vande Velde, which you will have to purchase; use of the book, however, is not necessary for the activity
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Engaging and creative idea for a writing activity
- Great way to consider the structure and style of writing news articles
- Resource includes broad outline of activities, lacking great detail and materials for instruction