Now a legend, Manfred von Richtofen was the original Flying Ace. The Red Baron eventually was shot down by the Allies, but not before the German pilot revolutionized warfare with his circus-like stunts. An informative video biography helps your learners consider how technology changed during the Great War and gave birth to this almost mythical figure.
- Offer video as research on changing technology during World War I
- After viewing the biography. discuss the role of aviation in warfare during the Great War
- Part of the Who Did What in World War I? video series
- Assumes background knowledge of the causes and alliances of the Great War
- Engaging narrator and photos intrigue viewers
- Video is short and easily adaptable to a number of classroom activities