Up, up, and away! Teach your class the science behind hot air balloons when by showing them the short video segment describing the physics of how they remain in the air and travel distances through different atmospheric conditions. They conclude the lesson with a class discussion and possible activity.
- Create a mini hot air balloon and demonstrate its activity in various conditions; you should choose a sunny day, a cloudy day, and a rainy day to gain the most diverse outcomes
- Research hot air balloon construction over history and how people use these balloons today
- Make sure all learners understand the concepts presented prior to moving forward with this lesson
- Ability to expand this lesson in various ways, depending on class dynamics
- Allows for differentiated instruction