Mendeleev was a visionary, providing a tool to predict things we didn't even know about yet! He was the first to recognize the pattern in the properties of elements and create the skeleton of the chart that we know today as the periodic table. The video lesson from a larger series covering reactions outlines the beginning and each addition thereafter.
- Have learners create a timeline of the changes to the periodic table
- Ask pupils to create a list of important ideas discussed in the video to use in a class discussion following the lesson
- Expects at least a basic understanding of the patterns in the periodic table
- Makes reference to important events in history for reference to time periods
- Includes images of early periodic tables and other variations