This The Quakers, the Dutch, and the Ladies video also includes:
Listen as this famed speaker argues why "the real story of history is about regular people trying to take care of their families" and "small-scale dramas," particularly in the case of colonial America. Topics covered include the shift from New Amsterdam to New York after the English takeover, implications for economic freedom for women, the establishment of Pennsylvania as a haven for Quakers, consequences of Bacon's rebellion, and general colonial American economics and demographics.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Incorporates several engaging and descriptive graphics, animations, and photographs to help illustrate historical content
- Comprehensive, detailed overview
- Queue video to skip third-party advertisement
- Video is densely packed with information, and should be used as a summary rather than a stand-alone lesson