This The Pythagoras Tree activity & project also includes:
View a tree designed by Pythagoras. Pupils watch a video as a tree is built by using squares representing the side lengths of a right triangle, with each side of the squares becoming the side of another triangle. Learners come up with questions that can be answered from information from the video and devise a solution to their questions, confirming their answers along the way.
- Provide class members with grid paper to allow them to try to recreate the tree
- Does not actually require knowledge of the Pythagorean Theorem to complete
- Assumes the teacher has knowledge of Three Act Tasks
- Includes grid paper to show sizes
- Provides an engaging method to reveal the solution