This The Proteasome and Protein Regulation interactive also includes:
What is a proteasome? Like tiny trash compactors inside cells, proteasomes turn worn-out proteins into reusable amino acids! Explore the topic with a presentation and embedded simulations. The resource includes a teacher's reference and great narration.
- Use the slideshow to supplement a lesson on proteins
- Have students explore further by researching what happens to the cell when oddly shaped proteins can't be broken down
- Pupils should have a high level of knowledge of protein structure and enzyme function
- Vivid animations show viewers how the proteasome works from the inside out
- The explanations are thorough and interesting