This The Progressives unit also includes:
The Progressive Era brought about a word that often leads to turmoil—change! Learners research the late 1800s in American history to uncover societal issues gripping the nation back in the day. The 15th lesson of a 22-part series exploring American history includes primary sources, video evidence, and advertisements as learners present their views individually, in pairs, and in small groups.
- Preview the lesson with the class by brainstorming current societal issues groups want to change
- Depending on the activity, assign students to pairs or group work to best facilitate their strengths in assisting one another
- Lesson includes overhead projector and transparencies
- Resource provides content scoring rubrics for teacher use
- Lesson includes printable worksheets and materials for distribution in the classroom