This The Problem of Plastic Trash Islands lesson plan also includes:
Trash collection can be a hassle, especially out in the ocean. The second of four parts in the Adrift in a Sea of Plastic unit has pupils research plastic trash islands in marine ecosystems. They investigate why they occur and potential solutions to the problem, then create a presentation of their findings.
- Team up with an English teacher for the research portion of the project
- Invite an environmental scientist to talk about issues regarding ocean pollution
- Scholars need access to Internet or newspaper articles
- Includes a sample presentation for the class to reference
- Lists some possible lesson extensions