Hope may be the thing that never stops at all, but a rapid language arts video certainly comes close. Imagine everything you wanted to know about Emily Dickinson in a 10-minute video. A quick-paced narrator flashes through details of the poet's life and references in her poems.
- Flip the lesson to have class members view the video, complete the comprehension check, and research some of the links before returning for a whole-class discussion
- Some viewers may find the pace of the Crash Course video overwhelming; pause frequently and check for understanding
- Most appropriate for honors/AP classes or college level course
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The links provided in the extension section offer fresh insight into Dickinson's life and poetry
- The video offers little evidence to support the assertions, and is most appropriate at the end of a unit study of Dickinson and her poetry