How would the Pied Piper recover his damages from the deceptive citizens of Hamelin if the story took place today? Explore one of the Pied Piper's options with a short play that depicts a court case in which he sues the city of Hamelin for his missing guilders.
- Stage the play in front of another class or parents
- Use in a unit on conflict or fairy tales
- See if class members can change the play to reflect a different ending
- Learners need to have read "The Pied Piper" before beginning the activity
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides a glossary of common legal terms
- A creative way to reinforce the theme of the story