Ever wonder what it's like to feel weightless? Hop aboard the Vomit Comet and find out! A video from a large physics playlist features the parabolic airplane flight used to simulate weightlessness. Young physicists discover how the flight compares to freefall, the principles behind weightlessness, and how the aircraft generally lives up to its nickname.
- Incorporate the video into a lesson about freefall
- Learn more about the plane used to simulate weightlessness with an article from Live Science
- Before showing the resource, talk for a moment with the class about gravity and air resistance during skydiving to set the stage
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- The content is interesting and thoroughly explained
- Scenes from several voyages on the plane allow viewers to better understand how weightlessness happens without taking a trip to space