This The Phantom Tollbooth: Novel Study study guide also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Milo, a character in Norton Juster's The Phantom Tollbooth, was bored. When a tollbooth showed up in his room, he went through it simply because he has nothing else to do. Scholars read about his adventures and complete worksheets containing comprehension questions and personification, simile, and foreshadowing activities.
- Preface the reading with a discussion about tollbooths (where they are, how they work, what they are for)
- Ask readers to find puns and play on words in the text
- Offers only a preview of the full novel study
- Offers an extension activity
- Includes 10 vocabulary words