You'd be hard pressed to find someone more dedicated to the periodic table than Theodore Gray. A video lesson interviews him as he describes his passion and his creation. The installment of a larger series on reactions shows Gray's table built as a periodic table including storage for sample elements!
- Discuss what pupils are passionate about as a lesson opener
- Have learners keep a list of elements mentioned in the video and a fact about each; challenge them to see who can make the longest list
- A basic understanding of the structure of the periodic table is helpful
- Discusses the uses and properties of several elements
- Shows the passion of the collector for chemistry and elements in general