Is light a wave or a particle? The video recreates the double slit experiment with sunlight in public. Different individuals predict what they will see by looking into a dark box, which allows sunlight into it through two small slits. The portion of the Vertasium playlist shows how the light reacts and how those images are used to show that light is a wave.
- Conduct the same experiment using different light sources
- Research experiments that showed that light behaves as a particle
- Individuals should have knowledge of light waves
- Includes discussion questions
- Reviews the primary source on the original experiment