This The Opportunity Atlas activity & project also includes:
The American dream is to climb the social and economic ladder, but is it really possible? Using an online opportunity atlas, class members explore income and social mobility throughout the country. Discussion prompts allow learners to consider whether the American Dream is actually a fantasy.
- Use the Opportunity Atlas website to explore median income in the areas nearest your school
- Develop discussion questions to go with the online resource
- Learners must have access to a computer, or the teacher will need to display the e-resource for the class
- Data has real-world implications for pupils
- Included discussion questions stimulate analysis and debate