While it may not be possible to take an entire class to Egypt and explore the ancient wonders, it is possible to engage your young historians in activities that ask them to research these and other antiquities and place them on their model of the Nile River basin.
- Either model or provide specific directions for how to mix the plaster, sand, and modeling straw
- Enlarge the map of Egypt before copying to provide enough room for the pictures of the buildings
- Have groups design, build, and experiment with their own shaduf
- Requires considerable prep time to copy, collect, and prepare materials
- The 14-page packet includes templates for the materials required for the suggested activities
- The packet does not include directions for how to mix the plaster, sand, and modeling straw