If you line up all of the neurons in your body, they would stretch almost 600 miles! The seventh video in a series of 47 and explore the nervous system, both central and peripheral. The narrator teaches the organization and composition of the nervous system and spends the rest of time talking bout neurons - their role, anatomy, structure, and function.
- Specific quotes, vocabulary, and definitions are shown throughout the video; pause on some of these to allow classes to take notes, for the teacher to ask questions, and to facilitate discussion
- Create a word wall for unfamiliar vocabulary, posting words and definitions for learners to reference
- The narrator speaks quite rapidly; turn on closed captioning to help viewers understand and keep up
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Closed captioning for the video works for 11 different languages
- Engaging opening that classes can relate to (discussing how the body reacts when it feels a spider on its skin)