This The Mysterious Science of Pain instructional video also includes:
The amount of pain one experiences is not directly connected to the amount of tissue damage. In fact, it is possible for pain to occur without any tissue damage at all! A video lesson digs into the science behind the phenomenon and asks learners to process the information with a set of closed and open-ended questions.
- Invite a doctor or similar professional to speak about personal experiences with the topic
- Have pupils create a list of factors that affect the intensity of pain
- An understanding of electrical responses in the nervous system is helpful
- Includes links for additional study
- Provides an option to customize the lesson to fit the goals of specific classrooms