This The Mountain in Labor audio also includes:
Ever made a mountain out of a molehill? Individuals read Aesop's "The Mountain in Labor," a fable about a mountain that groans and attracts attention over a mouse. An audio retelling of the story and graphic organizer examines vocabulary, predictions, and connections to the text.
- Use the organizer within the activity to generate a class discussion about the fable
- Encourage your writers to create a response to Aesop's moral
- Classmates complete the activity in pairs
- The audiobook recording, only 36-seconds long, differentiates the passage for all readers
- Theme of the text is relatable to learners and relevant to their daily lives