This The Molecular Biology of Mutations and Muscular Dystrophy lesson plan also includes:
Different types of mutations cause unique types and degrees of muscular dystrophy. Scholars learn about the types of mutations and the impact on the body. They compare the location of the mutations and draw conclusions about how it is related to sex and other genetic factors.
- Invite someone with muscular dystrophy to speak to the class
- Write questions to send to a doctor who specializes in muscular dystrophy
- Relies on prior knowledge of both transcription and translation
- Includes many extension ideas
- Provides a great deal of background and support data for the lesson