This The Mind/Brain: Crash Course History of Science #30 video also includes:
The brain is a complex and mysterious organ. The history of brain research dates back to the early asylums where often unethical experiments took place. The narrator of a short video describes these experiments and their discoveries and also outlines their contributions to the field of science—that today we know as psychology.
- Have pupils record 10 interesting facts as they watch the video and use their notes to participate in a class discussion
- Note the scientists in the video lesson and their defining contributions
- Be aware that several of the experiment descriptions may be disturbing to some
- 30th installment in the larger Crash Course History of Science series
- Emphasizes the important research milestones in the history of brain research
- Describes even the unethical experiments in a tactful manner