Poe goes high tech with a lesson that asks high schoolers to use the internet and various apps as they read and analyze "The Masque of the Red Death." In addition to responding to comprehension questions in Quizlet, they use Minecraft to create a 3D map of Prospero's castle.
- Assign the map of Prospero's castle as homework; the next day have class members compare their drawings and justify their room placements
- Presumes all students have internet access and are familiar with the various programs used in the lesson
- Learners should have a clear understanding of the difference between mood and tone
- Knowledge of the characteristics of Gothic fiction would be helpful
- The lesson is differentiated for various ability levels
- While the resource mentions the various apps used during the lesson, it lacks specific details about the comprehension questions and assessments