This The Making of a Theory—Fact or Fiction activity & project also includes:
Two scientists, two independent studies, two similar theories! A video lesson presents the work of Charles Darwin and Alfred Wallace that led to their theories on evolution. Scholars then evaluate statements and provide evidence to support or refute each.
- Assign the video as homework if time is an issue
- Incorporate as a performance task during a unit on evolution
- Expects basic knowledge of evolution and natural selection
- Includes a detailed answer key
- Provides several teaching tips to help plan for the lesson