This The Little Stuff Can Make a Big Difference lesson plan also includes:
Great things come in small packages! What better way to illustrate this point than a week-long look at nanotechnology? Earth science scholars explore water quality issues through lab activities, then research new innovations in nanotech that help minimize human impacts on the environment.
- Assign the design extension activity and have groups create their prototypes using Tinkercad, a free 3-D modeling program
- Make the environmental impact more personal by including information about the water quality in your area
- Students in groups of two to four need Internet access on an iPad or computer
- Worksheets, assessments, answer keys, video questions ... they're all available in the Teacher Reference document
- The resource draws from a variety of activities to give learners a clear picture of the role of nanotechnology in society