This The Lions of Little Rock: Novel Study study guide also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
A true friend sticks with you through thick and thin. Marlee and Liz, main characters in The Lions of Little Rock, have that type of friendship. Scholars learn vocabulary and answer comprehension questions as they read how the two girls take on segregation to remain friends.
- Read along with studying African American history
- Create a writing assignment to describe what life was like during segregated times
- Offers only a preview of a full novel study
- Includes a poetry writing activity
- Addresses language skills such as personification and similes