In the novel, Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, Percy is faced with a major decision. After reading, chapter 19, discuss the decision-making process Percy took, what he decided to do, and what your learners would do in that situation.
- Respond to the questions by attaching a piece of paper or assign a typed essay for neater writing and easy grading
- Invite scholars to share tough decisions they've made and the process they took to make them
- Preview the context in which scholars need to make a decision to confirm that it is appropriate for the age group you teach
- This activity was created by a student teacher as part of a novel study unit for Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- This activity is thought-provoking and enables dialogue
- The student worksheet does not have lines to write
- Some sections of the activity description are incomplete, but the essential parts are there to assist you in completing the acitivty