After reading up to page 371 of Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, get insight into how Percy felt making a major decision through active discussion strategies that enable both academic and thoughtful responses.
- Instead of performing one large fishbowl discussion, pair small groups using the same strategy, decreasing pupils' affective filter
- Furnish a reflection journal to each learner so they can jot down thoughts and opinions about the book and the question posed in the activity
- This activity was designed by a student teacher as part of a novel study for the book, Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- The question asked is thought provoking and gains insight to scholars' decision-making skills
- This activity can be easily revisited to observe how some learners' opinions may have changed, as well as duplicated with other questions