This The Legend of Annapurna, Hindu Goddess of Nourishment video also includes:
The legend of Annapurna, Hindu Goddess of Nourishment, is a complex tale that incorporates some of Hinduism's basic beliefs. In this version of the tale, Parvati, wife of Shiva, represents energy, growth, and transformation and brings Ardhanarishvara or balance to the world. Find out what happens when she gets fed up with her husband's lack of respect for her contributions and decides to leave the world leaving Shiva and the world out of balance.
- Have groups investigate other stories that stress the importance of balance (Aristotle's teachings about the Golden Mean, Confucius' Analects, etc.)
- The "Dig Deeper" section of the resource retells the tale in greater detail
- Links to a website and video do not work
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The animations make the complex tale easier to follow