Neutrons have approximately the same mass as a proton, but contain no charge. Something so seemingly insignificant changed the world thanks to nuclear weapons, nuclear energy, and nuclear radiation. Viewers learn more about the invention of nuclear weapons and why the idea seemed so absurd for so long in the video from a larger playlist.
- Research other ideas scientists once thought impossible that we take for granted today
- Relies on prior understanding of nuclear fusion and nuclear fission
- Content ends at 6:07, and remaining video contains advertising
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Links to other science videos online
- Requires only a few minutes of class time to share