This The Impact of the Sun and Moon on Tides lesson plan also includes:
In 150 BC, Seleucus of Seleucia theorized that the moon causes the tides. Scholars learn about what causes tides by studying the interactions of gravity between the sun, moon, and Earth. They use technology to formalize otherwise abstract concepts.
- Set up all video clips and online interactives to help move the lesson along quickly
- Discuss any observable tides on other planets
- Requires prior knowledge of Earth's rotation and gravity
- Includes answers for discussion questions
- Provides supplementary resources