This The Hunger Games: Gender Empowerment lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
The odds are in your favor that your pupils will love this lesson that uses The Hunger Games to launch a study of gender empowerment, as well as the influence of social constructs of gender. Groups discuss how Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark comply or do not comply with traditional gender stereotypes.
- Have groups collect examples from various media that they feel promote as well as dispel gender stereotypes and present their findings to the whole class
- Requires individual copies of several handouts, poster papers, and markers
- Presumes all class members have seen Gary Ross's 2012 film The Hunger Games or read Suzanne Collins dystopian novel
- Includes modifications for middle and high school classes
- A list of definitions for key terms used in the lesson and discussion questions are also included