This The House on Mango Street: Vocabulary Word Squares lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Chanclas, muerto, cuando. Spanish words are plentiful in The House on Mango Street and may be unfamiliar to many readers. A vocabulary words squares activity will help kids remember the meaning of these words and add to their understanding of Sandra Cisneros' writing style.
- Assign groups of four one word on the list and then jigsaw groups and have individuals teach their word to the new group
- Have Spanish speakers serve as translators and model pronunciation
- The final resource in a series of 11 designed for The House on Mango Street
- The resource includes a rationale for the activity, complete directions, and a printable assignment sheet that includes directions and the vocabulary words
- No model is included