This The Hound of the Baskervilles: Study Guide activity & project also includes:
Sherlock Holmes may have been the greatest detective in literary history. A study guide for The Hound of the Baskervilles introduces a story featuring the famous detective before sharing activities related to the text. Readers complete a series of vocabulary activities, and then write their own mysteries inspired by the story.
- Read another Sherlock Holmes story to compare and contrast with The Hound of the Baskervilles
- Tell a group mystery story with each member of the class contributing a line to keep the story going
- The plot of the play contains some mature content, such as use of alcohol and tobacco
- Addresses the audience/actor relationship as part of its theater curriculum
- Provides fun facts about the novel to help pique interest
- Lacks a rubric to assess the mystery story assignment