This The Home Front lesson plan also includes:
Young historians explore life on the home front during the Civil War with primary documents and a series of writing prompts. They also watch a presentation and use a worksheet to compare how communication methods have changed over time. The resource also provides the opportunity for group discussion to enrich scholars' engagement in the material.
- Guide a group discussion on how modern communication methods would have impacted the home front during the Civil War
- Compare and contrast how the Civil War home front differs from modern war time
- The lesson is part of a larger series on the Civil War
- The lesson plan includes a rubric for easier grading
- Resource uses personal letters to showcase the lives of real people during war