Math tells us that it is impossible to comb a ball of hair. The 23rd video of an informative physics series helps learners understand the physics implications of this statement. Through an analysis of vectors, the video narrator connects the hair on the ball to the wind on Earth.
- At the conclusion of the video, have viewers write an explanation of the Hairy Ball Theorem in their own words
- Ask pupils to research other implication of the Hairy Ball Theorem and present their findings
- Requires a fundamental understanding of vectors and tangent lines
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Explains a physics concept in a simple way that pupils can understand
- Diagrams add clarity to the explanations